On, Saturday, April 30, 2011, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., the City of Milford Parks & Recreation Department and Downtown Milford, Inc. invite you to join the fun at the 8th Annual Bug & Bud Festival along the Mispillion Riverwalk in historic downtown Milford, Delaware.
Expected to attract more than 7,000 visitors this year, the 8th Bug & Bud Festival serves as a celebration of Arbor Day, the City of Milford’s designation as a Tree City U.S.A. and Milford’s role in the ladybug’s designation as the State Bug of Delaware.
The schedule of events is as follows:
6:15 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Festival set-up and vendors arrival to sites
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Information booth open with most up-to-date schedule
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.:
- Vendors and downtown businesses open
- Kid’s Korner in Bicentennial Park: Spider Bounce, Tweety Bounce, Boom Blaster, Fire Truck Slide, Pony Rides, Misc. Skill Games
- Native, hardwood tree giveaway at Arbor Booth along Riverwalk Mispillion
- Bass Fishing Club Youth Fishing Contest – check in at booth
- Nature and “green-themed” booths open along the Riverwalk. Displays and interpretative activities presented by Abbott’s Mill, Marine Education & Research, and Friends of Prime Hook
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxillary display along the Riverwalk
- Children’s Art Show and other activities in the Milford Library
- Food Court Open – 12 vendors with delectable delights
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Stand Up Paddle Boarding ($5 per person)
Bug & Bud Festival Costume Walking Parade to organize in parking lot adjacent to Riverwalk at corner of Church and NE Front Streets
Bug & Bud Festival Costume Walking Parade kicks off; parade to follow the Riverwalk to main entertainment stage, led by the Festival Band under direction of Kay Meade
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Boat Dock open – free paddle boats, for-fee Paddle Board Paddling and free Remote Control boats
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Milford Museum Open
10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Fur-Baby Boutique Grand Opening
10:15 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Opening Ceremony begins at the Library Amphitheater
11:00 a.m. – Noon
Entertainment begins with Community Band
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Eagle 97.7 live radio remote, North Walnut Street
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Chalk Art Contest on Park Ave.
Noon – 4:00 p.m.
Entertainment Continues With New Outstanding Performances Every Half Hour
2nd Street Players spring comedy, Greater Tuna; tickets: $17.00
**All events, activities, locations & times subject to change
RAIN or SHINE and FREE of charge, you won’t want to miss this “over-the-top” outdoor festival! Come listen to some great music, eat some great food, cruise in a lady bug paddle boat, don your lady bug costume for the parade, shop local and most important of all – “think ladybug!”
“We are delighted, once again, to work with the City of Milford Parks and Recreation Department to bring such a delightful event to the Milford community,” said Irv Ambrose, Downtown Milford, Inc. Board President.
For more information, contact the Downtown Milford, Inc. office at 302-839-1180 or visit www.downtownmilford.org and follow the festival links.