1. How to contact the City of Milford During Hurricane Irene – In an emergency, dial 911. For non-emergency situations (i.e. power outage, down power lines, flooding) call (302) 422-6616. For information regarding Hurricane Irene, call (302) 856-7366.
2. Shelters in the Milford Area are open NOW.
A. Milford High School, 1019 N. Walnut St., Milford
B. Lake Forest High School, 5407 Killens Pond Rd., Felton, pet friendly
3. Storm INFORMATION county contact numbers
DEMA – 302-659-3362
Delaware Helpline – 800-464-4357
Sussex – 302-856-7366
Kent – 302-735-3465
New Castle – 302-395-2700
Wilmington – 302-576-3914
4. Website updates and emergency preparedness information:
5. County Emergency Contacts:
Statewide Emergencies: Dial 911
Kent County Division of
Emergency Planning and Operations:
(302) 736-2222 , Fax (302) 736-2223
Sussex County Emergency Operations Center:
(302) 855-7801, Fax (302) 855-7800
6. Delaware 2-1-1 Service Available -Delaware 2-1-1, operated by United Way of Delaware, is available to provide health and human service referral information for Delawareans impacted by Hurricane Irene. By dialing the toll-free 2-1-1 number, Delawareans can be referred to information regarding nearby shelters and other emergency relief services, including follow-up services in the days and weeks after the hurricane passes. Residents are reminded to dial 9-1-1 in a medical or life-threatening emergency.