Monday, October 31, 2011 will be the official date for youngsters to observe Halloween Trick or Treat Night. Only individuals of 12 years and under will be permitted to engage in Trick or Treat between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. The City of Milford requests that residents indicate their willingness to welcome children by keeping their porch or exterior lights on and that youngsters call only on homes so lighted.
With Halloween approaching, the Milford Police Department shares some safety tips for pedestrians and motorists:
– Wear bright colors and reflective materials
– Utilize flashlights and glowsticks to see better and be seen
– Walk, don’t run
– Go to areas where streets and sidewalks are well-lit
– Avoid crossing streets, but if you need to, look for a well-lit crosswalk
– Watch for vehicles in driveways as well as on the street
– Keep in mind, bad weather decreases visibility for motorists creating a dangerous environment for pedestrians
-Inspect costumes to ensure that vision is not obstructed
-Watch for children
-Use caution when entering and exiting driveways
-Pay close attention for children appearing from in between parked vehicles.
-Don’t pass stopped vehicles; the driver may be dropping off children.
-Always use your turn signals and hazard lights when dropping off children.
-Use headlights at all times, even before dark
-No cell phone use while driving