Milford’s Relay for Life team, The Rose Colored Lasses, will host their fourth annual Christmas House Tour on Friday, December 2, from 6:00-9:00 pm. All proceeds will benefit American Cancer Society’s 2012 Milford Relay for Life.
The American Cancer Society‘s Relay for Life Event in Milford occurs in July each year but teams from across the nation are busy raising awareness and donations for the event all year long. The July event as a whole gives individuals across our community a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember love ones lost and fight back against the disease. This year’s event included 36 teams from the Milford community that committed to walking around the track throughout the entire night.
One of many events throughout the year sponsored by The Rose Colored Lasses, The Christmas House Tour allows participants to celebrate the season while raising money for a great cause. The houses included on the tour are some of the best decorated houses in the Milford area, adorned with Christmas lights, nativity scenes, flowers and Christmas trees.
All of the proceeds from the Christmas House Tour will go directly to the American Cancer Society and their continuing efforts to fight cancer.
The tour includes five Milford area homes:
1) Allen and Aileen Warfel’s home was designed and built by Mr. Warfel. They will feature a collection of Nativity Scenes.
2) Randy and Barbara Byle’s home will be decorated professionally by Country Flowers of Houston and Ronny’s Garden World. They will have a shop with items for sale to benefit Guiding Eyes for the Blind.
3) Greg and Rose Nosher’s theme is “A Down Home Christmas.” They will have a Dept. 56 display and handmade porcelain dolls.
4) The McCann Manor, home of Lt. Gen. Hank and Bonnie McCann, will be decorated with over 150 trees, each with a theme and a story of its own. There will also be a craft shop with unique items from local artisans and homemade baked goods.
5) The home of Ed and Sharleen Morris will feature a stunning display of outdoor lights and a Santa workshop. Refreshments will be served at this home, and the drawing for the Christmas Raffle Basket will be held at 9:00 pm.
Tickets for the House Tour are $15. For further information and tickets contact Dee Greenlee (424-0395), Bobbi Lauer (422-4136), or Pat Lankford (422-5477).