The public eyesore on N.W. Front Street in downtown Milford was finally demolished last week after years of disagreement between the property owners and the City of Milford.
In October of 2010 the Board of Appeals for the City of Milford confirmed condemnation and demolition for the properties of 203,205 and 207 N.W. Front Street. These properties were condemned in January 20, 2010. On December 13, 2010 City Council voted to approve funding for the demolition project by a unanimous vote of members present.
Just before Christmas 2011, the property owners filed an appeal to the Kent County Superior Court which resulted in the Superior Court issuing a stay that was effective until January 21, 2011. This decision asserted that the City of Milford could not demolish said properties before that date.
In the end all parties involved came to the table and agreed that the City Of Milford would demolish said properties at the City’s cost. The property owners decided to agree that Mr. Spyros Doukes would take ownership of the property after the demolition.