There may be snow and wind a-plenty in February but there is still an abundance of good art to enjoy in downtown Milford. Art warms the soul!
And magic certainly brightens the winter … Downtown Milford’s Milford’s Magic Mondays Series has a change of magician for the second show on Monday, February 18. Illusion, music, juggling and deadpan comedy collide in this vaudevillesque spectacle by David Kaplan. Kaplan has performed in Berlin, Paris and all over the world. – and now Milford. A change of magician maybe, but no difference in the quality of the magic and fun for the whole family! For info and online ticket purchase visit http://downtownmilford.org
We’re getting noticed: the Milford Art Stroll is featured on a 2-page spread in the 2013 Kent County Tourism brochure – a big thank you to Cindi Small and her team at Kent County Tourism.
Here’s a round up art spots and events in town – enjoy:
• Angelucci Fine Woodworking & Stained Glass Studio & Artists Gallery 4 Park Ave. (302) 422-4533 http://www.angeluccifinewood-stainedglass.blogspot.com
• Anne Jenkins Art Gallery 127 NW Front St. (302) 393-6629 http://AnneJenkinsArt and http://facebook.com/annejenkinsartgallery
• Created.rule, 23 N.W. Front St., gallery/studio located inside LadyBug Shop. (616) 328-4054 follow on face book https://www.facebook.com/pages/createdrule/153314534816961
• Diamond Dance Company 44 N. Walnut Street, Milford www.diamonddanceco.com
• First State Academy of Dance 107 Maple Ave, Milford www.firststatedance.com
• Gallery 37 New show “Shore To Shore” Painting and mixed media works by Aimee Trayser and Denise Wright, February 15th – March 31st, 2013. Saturday, February 16th – Open House Reception, 2pm to 4pm 8 S. Walnut St. (413) 297-2690 http://marciareedpainting.com.
• Hidden Gem Boutique SW Front St. https://www.facebook.com/TheHiddenGemBoutique
• Milford Community Band For their full schedule, see http://milfordcommunityband.org or call Joe Lear at (302) 422-6304
• Milford Art Stroll a self-guided studio & art tour. Check out the website to plan a visit – there’s a map to print out – follow a route of your choice. Lots to enjoy right here in your hometown. http://MilfordArtStroll.com
• Mispillion Art League Gallery 5 N. Walnut Street. Figure Drawing Session, Wednesday, February 6 from 5-7pm. “Celebration of Black Artists” runs through February 23rd. Free to the public. http://mispillionarts.org and https://www.facebook.com/MispillionArts
• Second Street Players presents, A Children’s Dessert Theatre Event, Puss in Boots, Friday, February 15 at 7:00 pm, Saturday, February 16 at 1:00 pm and Sunday, February 17 at 1:00 pm. Bring the whole family for a special “family affordable” performance on Friday evening, February 15.… no set ticket price—just pay what you can! Tickets for the Saturday & Sunday afternoon shows are $10 and available at the door. Shows at Riverfront Theatre, 2 S Walnut St. (302) 422-0220 http://www.secondstreetplayers.com
• Studios Upstairs includes Live Cheap Make Art, Beth’s Whimsicality and the Pearl lady.
• The Music School of DE, Milford Branch , call (302) 422-2043 for information.
Thanks for supporting the arts! Call me, or e-mail me with art news: email@example.com