April brings lots of activity to our downtown arts scene – we welcome a new studio and gallery, new theater productions and more. There’s the big celebratory opening of artist David Rule’s studio and gallery, created.rule, inside the LadyBug Shop, Saturday 27 April, during the Bug & Bud Festival. Be sure to stop by and give him a warm Milford welcome. Verde, an Italian cooking school hopes to open it’s doors on SW Front Street and the DMI’s ART Project is almost ready to launch. Looking ahead to very early May: Grab a pencil and mark your calendars for the evening of Friday, 3 May from 5:00-8:00 p.m. for an exciting and very elegant new arts evening…
Milford Presents AN EVENING OF CHOCOLATE & ART…..
Act One: Scene One. The Setting- Downtown Milford
A group of performers from First State Academy of Dance and Second Street Players animate the night and help participants locate the featured art galleries. Once inside ticket holders will enjoy samples of decadent chocolate temptations paired with wine tastings, prepared and served by the culinary arts, Each location will host live musical talent. Locate our historic Milfordian, Andrew Komoroski, cleverly positioned at each location and get your playbill stamped for a chance to win the basket of goodies at the end of the Chocolate & Art event (all locations must be marked to be eligible for drawing). Cap off the night with the play “Nunsensations! The nunsense Vegas Review”. (Tickets for play are sold separately at the River Front Theatre). Participating will be Angelucci Gallery & Tout de Suite, Anne Jenkins Art Gallery & Abbott’s Grill, Created.Rule & Verde, Gallery 37 & Dolce, Misipillion Art League Gallery & Georgia House Restaurant. Ticket price $10….Tickets can be purchased at any of the participating venues. For information, call Scott Angelucci (302) 448-1152
Here is a round up art spots and events in town – enjoy:
- Angelucci Fine Woodworking & Stained Glass Studio & Artists Gallery 4 Park Ave. (302) 422-4533 http://www.angeluccifinewood-stainedglass.blogspot.com
- Anne Jenkins Art Gallery 127 NW Front St. (302) 393-6629 http://AnneJenkinsArt and http://facebook.com/annejenkinsartgallery
- Created.rule, 23 N.W. Front St., gallery/studio located inside LadyBug Shop. (616) 328-4054 follow on face book https://www.facebook.com/pages/createdrule/153314534816961
- Diamond Dance Company 44 N. Walnut Street, Milford www.diamonddanceco.com
- First State Academy of Dance 107 Maple Ave, Milford www.firststatedance.com
- Gallery 37 Mixed Media Sculpture and Quilts works by Marc Brown and Susan Boss, April 13 – May 21, 8 S. Walnut St. (413) 297-2690 http://marciareedpainting.com.
- Milford Community Band For their full schedule, see http://milfordcommunityband.org or call Joe Lear at (302) 422-6304
- Milford Art Stroll a self-guided studio & art tour. Check out the website to plan a visit – there’s a map to print out – follow a route of your choice. http://MilfordArtStroll.com
- Mispillion Art League Gallery 5 N. Walnut Street. Figure Drawing Session, first Wednesday each month 5:00-7:00 p.m. New show “Students Show” runs through 10-21 April. Free to the public. http://mispillionarts.org and https://www.facebook.com/MispillionArts
- Second Street Players Shows at Riverfront Theatre, 2 S Walnut St. “Nunsensations! The Nunsense Vegas Review”. (302) 422-0220 http://www.secondstreetplayers.com
- Studios Upstairs includes Live Cheap Make Art, Beth’s Whimsicality and the Pearl lady.
- The Music School of DE, Milford Branch, paintings. call (302) 422-2043 for information.
Thanks for supporting the arts! Call me, or e-mail me with art news: firstname.lastname@example.org.