Summer is right around the corner, the Riverwalk Farmer’s Market is back each Saturday and art envelopes Milford. Downtown Milford Inc., (DMI) ART Project is ready to launch and the date has been set. Mark your calendars for Sunday, 9 June from 3:00-5:00 p.m. for an exciting afternoon when the boats make their debut at Sudler & Joan Loflands Vinyard Shipyard. There will be music, nibbles by Milford’s new cooking school, Verde and refreshments from Dogfish Head beer. Buy your $10 ticket and be sure to join the fun – call (302) 839-1180 for more information.
Nancy Chirdon Forster hopes to open her Verde Cooking School by 1 June at 10 SW Front St…her website will be up soon, http::verdecook.com – check it regularly until it goes live and all info will be there or call (302) 393-9032.
Here is a round up of art spots and events in town – enjoy:
- Angelucci Artists Gallery 4 Park Ave. (302) 422-4533 http://www.angeluccifinewood-stainedglass.blogspot.com
- Anne Jenkins Art Gallery Stop by and check the progress of the installation piece for the Biggs Museum of American Art show in August. 127 NW Front St. (302) 393-6629 http://AnneJenkinsArt and http://facebook.com/annejenkinsartgallery
- Created.rule, 23 N.W. Front St., gallery/studio located inside LadyBug Shop. (616) 328-4054 follow on face book https://www.facebook.com/pages/createdrule/153314534816961
- Diamond Dance Company 44 N. Walnut Street, Milford www.diamonddanceco.com
- First State Academy of Dance 107 Maple Ave, Milford www.firststatedance.com
- Gallery 37 HOMAGE, works by Maya Freelon Asante, 21 May-30 June. 8 S. Walnut St. (413) 297-2690 http://marciareedpainting.com.
- Live Cheap Make Art: 1. Watercolor Journaling at Lavender Fields, 7 May-11 June – 6 sessions, Tuesdays, 10am-noon, Lavender Fields, Milton, DE. For info, call 302-684-1514 or visit their website. 2. Watercolor Journaling 18-19 May, Saturday and Sunday 10am-1pm at Gallery One, Ocean View, DE. For info 302-537-5505
- Milford Community Band For their full schedule, see http://milfordcommunityband.org or call Joe Lear at (302) 422-6304
- Milford Art Stroll a self-guided studio & art tour. Check out the website to plan a visit – there’s a map to print out – follow a route of your choice. http://MilfordArtStroll.com
- Mispillion Art League Gallery 5 N. Walnut Street. Figure Drawing Session, first Wednesday each month 5:00-7:00 p.m. New show 鼎olor Play琶s up until 22 June. Free to the public. http://mispillionarts.org and https://www.facebook.com/MispillionArts
- Second Street Players Shows at Riverfront Theatre, 2 S Walnut St. for show info (302) 422-0220 http://www.secondstreetplayers.com
- Studios Upstairs includes Live Cheap Make Art, Beth’s Whimsicality and the Pearl lady.
- The Music School of DE, Milford Branch. call (302) 422-2043 for information.
Thanks for supporting the arts! Call me, or e-mail me with art news: firstname.lastname@example.org