Please try to support your local talent as they venture further afield. July 4 features Celebration with the Milford Community Band at 7:30 pm at the Bethany Beach Bandstand on the Boardwalk, Bethany Beach and the band’s “Small Group” playing for the July 4th Clayton/Smyrna parade.
The next day head north for Sonja Frey, abstract acrylic and collage artist, solo show at the Carvel Bldg, 2 Flr, 820 N. French St., in Wilmington opening reception on Friday, July 5 from 5:00-8:00 p.m. This one just squeaks in to August ?artist Anne Jenkins features in the 2013 Delaware Division of the Arts Fellowship Award Winners show at the Biggs Museum of American Art in Dover. The show opens Friday, August 2 with a ‘Sneak peek pARTy’ reception from 5:00-7:00p.m. The show runs through October 13. The Governor’s awards ceremony will be held in September. All three are free and open to the public.
The first of summer Wednesday night music series hosted by the Milford Library starts July 3 with Honey Voshell and the Honeycombs at 7:00 p.m. For more information, call (302) 422-8996
Here is a round up of arts and events in town – enjoy:
- Angelucci Artists Gallery 4 Park Ave. (302) 422-4533 http://www.angeluccifinewood-stainedglass.blogspot.com
- Anne Jenkins Art Gallery Stop by and check the progress of the installation piece for the Biggs Museum of American Art show opening Friday, 2 August. 127 NW Front St. (302) 393-6629 http://AnneJenkinsArt and http://facebook.com/annejenkinsartgallery
- Created.rule, 23 N.W. Front St., gallery/studio located inside LadyBug Shop. (616) 328-4054 follow on face book https://www.facebook.com/pages/createdrule/153314534816961
- Diamond Dance Company 44 N. Walnut Street, Milford www.diamonddanceco.com
- First State Academy of Dance 107 Maple Ave, Milford www.firststatedance.com
- First State Harmonizers, a 4 part men’s a cappella chorus, meet every Monday night at 7:30 at Avenue Methodist Church, 20 N Church St Milford. They welcome guests and men who love to sing. For information, call Harry Humes (302) 422-8620.
- Gallery 37 offering classes July 11 & 25th. 5:30-9:00, $240.00 includes light meal in the fee. Limited class size. 302-265-2318 8 S. Walnut St. (302) 265-2318 http://marciareedpainting.com. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gallery-37-A-Destination-For-Artful-Living/367129096707339
- Milford Art Stroll a self-guided studio & art tour. Check out the website to plan a visit – there’s a map to print out – follow a route of your choice. http://MilfordArtStroll.com
- Milford Community Band Saturday, July 6, Milford Farmer痴 Market at 10:00 a.m. For their full schedule, see http://milfordcommunityband.org or call Joe Lear at (302) 422-6304
- Milford Museum Grand Opening of new exhibit “When The Whistle Blows,” Tuesday, July 9, 5:00-7:00pm at 121 S. Walnut Street, for information (302) 424-1080
- Mispillion Art League Gallery 5 N. Walnut Street. Figure Drawing Session, first Wednesday each month 5:00-7:00 p.m. $5 donation to model suggested. New show 的t’s a Small World?is up until August 24. Free to the public. http://mispillionarts.org and https://www.facebook.com/MispillionArts
- Second Street Players Shows at Riverfront Theatre, 2 S Walnut St. for show info (302) 422-0220 http://www.secondstreetplayers.com
- Studios Upstairs includes Live Cheap Make Art, Beth’s Whimsicality and the Pearl lady.
- The Music School of DE, Milford Branch. call (302) 422-2043 for information.
Thanks for supporting the arts! Call me, or e-mail me with art news: firstname.lastname@example.org