July was quite the music month – the Milford Community Band played a knockout concert to a full house at the Riverfront Theatre and the Library hosted music events during the month– it’s great to see local groups working together to bring the arts to the public. August is the visual arts turn.
Artist Anne Jenkins features in the 2013 Delaware Division of the Arts Fellowship Award Winners show at the Biggs Museum of American Art in Dover. The show runs through October 13. The Governor’s awards ceremony will be held in September. Entrance to the museum is free.
Here is a round up of arts, artists and events in town – enjoy:
- Angelucci Artists Gallery 4 Park Ave. (302) 422-4533 http://www.angeluccifinewood-stainedglass.blogspot.com
- Anne Jenkins Art Studio (302) 393-6629 http://AnneJenkinsArt and http://facebook.com/annejenkinsartgallery
- Created.rule, (616) 328-4054 http://createdrule.weebly.com and face book https://www.facebook.com/pages/createdrule/153314534816961
- Diamond Dance Company 44 N. Walnut Street, Milford www.diamonddanceco.com
- First State Academy of Dance 107 Maple Ave, Milford www.firststatedance.com
- First State Harmonizers, a 4 part men’s a cappella chorus, meet every Monday night at 7:30 at Avenue Methodist Church, 20 N Church St Milford. They welcome guests and men who love to sing. For information, call Harry Humes (302) 422-8620.
- Gallery 37 features owner Marcia Reed plus local & national artists 302-265-2318 8 S. Walnut St. (302) 265-2318 http://marciareedpainting.com. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gallery-37-A-Destination-For-Artful-Living/367129096707339
- Milford Art Stroll a self-guided studio & art tour. Check out the website to plan a visit – there’s a map to print out – follow a route of your choice. http://MilfordArtStroll.com
- Milford Community Band see http://milfordcommunityband.org or call Joe Lear at (302) 422-6304
- Milford Museum current exhibit “When The Whistle Blows,” 121 S. Walnut Street, for information (302) 424-1080
- Mispillion Art League Gallery 5 N. Walnut Street. Figure Drawing Session, first Wednesday each month 5:00-7:00 p.m. $5 donation to model suggested. Show It’s a Small World is up until August 24. Silent auction of paintings by Constance Ingalls August 27-Sept 28. Opening reception Friday Sept 6 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Free to the public. http://mispillionarts.org and https://www.facebook.com/MispillionArts
- Second Street Players Shows at Riverfront Theatre, 2 S Walnut St. for show info (302) 422-0220 http://www.secondstreetplayers.com
- Studios Upstairs includes Beth’s Whimsicality, Live Cheap Make Art and the Pearl lady.
- The Music School of DE, Milford Branch. call (302) 422-2043 for information.
Thanks for supporting the arts! Call me, or e-mail me with art news: email@example.com