A veritable cascade of art openings and events during September:.. including The Governor’s reception and awards ceremony Saturday, September 14 from 11:00am-1:00pm for the 2013 Delaware Division of the Arts Fellowship Award Winners at the Biggs Museum of American Art in Dover. Not quite downtown but Milford artists being honored are Anne Jenkins and Teresa Clifton. The Award Winners show runs through October 13. Entrance to the museum is free.
- Angelucci Artists Gallery 4 Park Ave. (302) 422-4533 hosts ‘Rust Never Sleeps’ – a special exhibit featuring the work of local artist Rob Hare and recycled metal sculpture by Travis Carter of Atomic Art Work. Hare was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and can no longer paint. All proceeds of sale of Hare’s work will go to him and his family. Opening reception Friday, September 6 from 5:00pm. Free and open to the public
- Downtown Milford Inc., hosts culinary art with ‘Eat in the Street,’ Sunday, September 22, 5:00-8:00pm features local produce sourced by Verde cooking school & the Riverwalk Farmer’s Market, local award winning establishments Abbott’s Grill, Dolce’s and Georgia House served with award winning beer from Dogfish Head Beer. Local musicians Jason Beale & The Dystractions will perform plus there will special performances from other local artists. Must have ticket, $50, call (302) 839-1180.
- Gallery 37 at 8 S. Walnut St (302) 265-2318 new show of ‘Mobiles’ by Craig Phillips from New Jersey. His mobiles were designed for the front windows of Gallery 37 and also for Small Works Gallery for the month of September into October 19th. The next show ‘Five in Fiber’ opens October 26.
- Live Cheap Make Art: Rosemary Connelly’s workshops: Tuesday, September 17, 10:00am-1:00pm Watercolor Workshop from 10am-1pm, at Milton’s Lavender Fields followed by a Victorian Tea. Info 302-359-5534. Saturday, September 28, 9:30am-4:00pm. Discover the joys of Watercolor Journaling at the Delaware Art Museum. For tickets https://delart.org
- Mispillion Art League Silent Auction featuring the paintings of Constance Ingalls. Opening Reception Friday, September 6 from 5:30-7:30pm, free and open to the public Paintings will have bid sheets and bidders will be able to place bids until 5p.m. on September 26. Bids will be accepted in person only. Visit the Gallery for full details
- Riverwalk Theatre and Second Street Players: Rehearsal for Murder directed by Debra Passwaters. Opens September 27 at 8:00p.
- The Studios Upstairs at 4 Park Avenue. Group exhibit of new works by Rosemary Connelly, Gwen Guerke, Olaive Jones & Betsy Rybczynski – Opening reception Friday, Sept. 6, then open Sat. 11am-4pm. Friday reception from 5pm to 8pm, free and open to the public. The show will be on display until September 9th.
- Verde Italian Cooking School 10 SW Front St., (302) 393-903…such excitement… the first cooking class is scheduled for Oct 14 ?the website is online…be sure to check it out! And last but not least ?a big congratulations to Nancy