Three Arrested in Lincoln Arsons


Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 3.48.25 PMBy Terry Rogers

On Friday, October 17, two adults and one juvenile were arrested for a series of arsons in the Jefferson Crossroads area of Lincoln. The fires occurred between Sunday, October 12 and Thursday, October 16.

According to Chief Deputy Fire Marshal, Harry Miller, Shaun A. Moran, 32, and Steven D. Moran, 20, of Lincoln were charged in the blazes. A 17-year old juvenile who was not named was also arrested. The Moran’s and the juvenile were charged with felony counts including burglary, arson and conspiracy in the blazes.

“The Moran brothers and the juvenile, who lived at the same address as the brothers were arrested and charged in the three fires,” Deputy Miller explained. “They had no connection to the buildings where the fires were set and it is unclear what the motive was for setting the fires.” Deputy Miller confirmed that there was one injury during one of the fires, but that he could not confirm whether it was one of the Moran’s or the juvenile who was hurt.

Ellendale Fire Company was dispatched to a fire on Sunday, October 12 in a garage on Heritage Road. Fire company reports indicate that there was heavy fire throughout the structure when they arrived. An estimated $1,500 in damages was caused by the fire.

On Tuesday, October 14, the company was again dispatched to a fire located on Heritage Road. Upon entering the home, they discovered that fires had been set in two locations, indicating that the fire was suspicious. The house was vacant and in the process of being sold with padlocks installed just a few days prior to the fire.

There was someone in the home when the fire company arrived and he was transported to Milford Memorial Hospital. Due to the ongoing investigation, Deputy Miller would not elaborate on the patient or his connection to the home or the arsonists. The second fire caused $25,000 in damage to the home.

On Thursday, October 16, the fire company was dispatched to a third alarm on Raven Circle. When the fire company arrived, they found a minor fire which caused $1,500 in damages. After an investigation, the three suspects were arrested on Friday.