Domestic and Assault on Milford Police Officer


On February 15, 2016 the Milford Police arrested and charged a 24yo Houston woman stemming from a domestic incident that occurred at a residence located in the 200 block of Marshall St on the night of February 6, 2016. Ashley J. Remington was charged with Assault 2nd Degree Injure Law Enforcement Officer, Felony Resisting Arrest with Force, Assault 3rd Degree, Criminal Trespass 1st Degree and Criminal Mischief Under $1500.00. Police state that on the night of February 6, 2016 the Milford Police responded to the residence after receiving a report of a domestic dispute. Upon arriving, an officer made contact with Remington and the 43yo male victim. Remington was intoxicated and refused to obey the officer’s commands. Remington proceeded and cursing at the officer and breaking the male victim’s belongings inside the residence. As the officer was attempting to take Remington into custody, Remington struck the officer in the torso. Remington continued to physically resist being taken into custody by the officer. According to police, during the struggle the officer received an injury to the hand as another officer arrived Remington continued to physically resist briefly before being taken into custody. Police state that investigation at the scene revealed that Remington had showed up at the male victim’s residence after being advised that they were no longer in a relationship. Remington climbed on the roof of the residence but was seen by the male victim. Remington was encouraged to exit off of the roof and speak to the male victim inside the residence. Once inside Remington became irate and refused to leave. Remington began hitting the male victim in the face and head. Once Remington was transported back to the Milford Police Department and placed in the holding cell, she became more irate. Remington rammed her head into the wall inside the holding cell. Remington attempted to do it a few more times as officer held Remington keeping her from doing so. Medical personnel from Station 42 responded to the Milford Police Department and transported Remington to a nearby medical facility for treatment and evaluation. Remington was arraigned and released after posting $7,500.00 secured bond.