City of Milford Special Election
Filing Deadline for City of Milford Second Ward Council Seat
Notice is hereby given that a Special Election will be held in the City of Milford on THURSDAY, AUGUST 23, 2018 from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. The purpose of the Special Election is to fill a vacant council seat in the Second Ward. The candidate elected would serve until the end of the unexpired term in May 2019. Candidates will be voted upon solely by the electors of the Second Ward.
All candidates for office shall file a nominating petition for the vacant seat. The petition shall be signed by not less than ten (10) registered voters from Ward Two.
The Candidate Packet and Nominating Petition can be obtained Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the City Clerk’s Office at Milford City Hall, 201 South Walnut Street, Milford, Delaware or by special appointment. Please call in advance to make arrangements.
Qualifications for a person filing for office are as follows:
(1) Citizen of the United States of America;
(2) Bonafide resident of the City of Milford;
(3) Continuously resided in the Second Ward for one year preceding the day of the election;
(4) A qualified voter in the City of Milford;
(5) At least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of the election;
(6) Nominated therefor;
(7) Criminal background check obtained from the State Bureau of Identification and Federal Bureau of Investigation showing entire criminal history record;
(8) No felony convictions or crimes involving moral turpitude.
The deadline to file for the vacant Second Ward Council Seat is Monday, June 25, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Only persons whose name appears on the City of Milford Voter Register are permitted to vote in this Special Election. Having registered through the State of Delaware OR Kent or Sussex County does not QUALIFY you to vote in City of Milford Elections.
Those unavailable to vote on August 23, 2018, should call the City Clerk’s Office for more information on how to obtain an absentee ballot.
Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 302-422-1111 for any further assistance or to verify your voting status in the City of Milford.
Sign up for you free digital subscription of The Weekly Review, delivered directly to your email every Tuesday morning. A quick cover-to-cover read to catch up on the news of the week and experience great stories about our local communities. Sign up for your free email subscription below.