Milford Southern States Launches Thanksgiving Safe Sale

Nov 19 2018 /

by Terry Rogers

 

Statistics show that robberies and burglaries increase during the holiday season which is one of the reasons Milford Southern States has launched their Thanksgiving Safe Sale. Starting Monday, November 19 and running through Saturday, November 24 at noon, the store will offer extremely discounted prices on all Rhino Safes in stock.

“These safes are made in Caldwell, Idaho, by a veteran,” Gary Rhodes, Manager of the Milford store, said. “They are very high quality with a high safety rating. They give you peace of mind that when you leave your house, if the worst happens, your valuables will remain safe.” Although the safes are called “gun safes,” Rhodes said that they can be used to store anything valuable, including wills, jewelry, family heirlooms and other items that need special protection.

Rhino Metals, who manufactures the safes, was founded in 1995 by Don Suggs, a fighter pilot that enjoyed working with his hands. He began a metalworking company in an effort to use the discipline and commitment to excellence he developed in the United States Air Force. In 1999, Suggs’ father asked him to build a gun safe to protect his grandchildren as he had been unable to find one that was affordable and secure. After significant research, Suggs designed a safe that was tougher and stronger than other brands available, leading him to two patents and the creation of the Rhino Safe Company.

“We offer versions that have electronic locks similar to those you find in hotel rooms today,” Rhodes said. “We also have traditional combination lock safes. About 80 percent of customers prefer the push button lock while the other 20 percent like the traditional lock.” Southern States offers safes in every size, color and finish as well.

Rhodes explained that they offer safes in sizes that range from small enough for a bedroom closet to those that will fit large shotguns and other items. They even have some styles that look like furniture, including one model that looks like an end table.

“A home safe is an excellent way to protect valuables and important documents,” Rhodes said. “With the holiday season approaching, protecting valuables becomes even more important due to the increase in home burglary incidences during that time. Not only do burglaries increase during the holidays, but the number of house fires also increases with people adding additional lights, putting up trees and burning fireplaces. Using a safe is a great way to protect things that are important to your family.”

 

Sign up for you free digital subscription of The Weekly Review, delivered directly to your email every Tuesday morning. A quick cover-to-cover read to catch up on the news of the week and experience great stories about our local communities. Sign up for your free email subscription below.

 

 

Comments are closed

70421" src="https://milfordlive1.imgix.net/2018/11/fdfc90d432421c949556428d9268fd67/Screen-Shot-2018-11-27-at-1.15.10-PM.png?fit=scale&fm=png&h=1024&ixlib=php-1.2.1&w=577&wpsize=large&s=756ae3e1914673b14be2a3e354baa992" alt="" width="296" height="546">
Log in | Copyright 2010-2012 Milford LIVE, LLC. 805 Joshua Dr., Milford, DE 19963