Why and how to return to Sunday Mass -from the National Catholic Register.
Invite someone! We know there are problems in the world and in the Church. We also know the source of peace: Jesus Christ. Reaching out and extending an invitation to the Sacraments, starting with Mass can make a blessed difference in someone’s life.
1. God tells us to keep holy the Sabbath and holy days (3rd Commandment).
2. Jesus instituted the Mass at the Last Supper.
3. Mass honors God and changes our heart.
4. The saints were Mass-goers. You can go to daily Mass everyday – what a blessing.
5. “If we really understood the Mass, we would die of joy,” St. John Vianney, patron of parish priests.
6. At Mass, you receive Jesus in the Holy Eucharist – the source and summit of the Christian life when you are in a state of grace. (Catechism 1324).
7. “It would be easier for the world to survive without the sun than to do without Holy Mass.” St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina (Padre Pio).
8. You can hear Scripture at Mass. What is God saying to you through His word?
9. Mass offers the faithful the living Bread (Jn 6:51-54,56)
10. The Catechism tell us that Mass unites us with Jesus, Mary and the saints (1419).
After you receive Jesus in Holy Communion is sacred time, go back to the pew and recite these words from the Anima Christi prayer:
Soul of Christ – sanctify me
Body of Christ – save me
Blood of Christ – inebriate me
Water from the side of Christ – wash me
Passion of Christ – strengthen me
O good Jesus – hear me
Within they wounds – hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from thee
From the malicious enemy – defend me
In the hour of my death – call me
And bid me come unto thee that I may praise thee with thy saints and with thy angels forever and ever. Amen