NOTICE OF SOLICITATION OF CANDIDATES
2019 City of Milford Municipal Election
Filing Deadline for City of Milford Municipal Election
The City of Milford Annual Election will be held Saturday, April 27, 2019. The term of Office for the following seats will expire in May 2021:
Councilperson – Two Year Term Beginning May 6, 2019 – First Ward Councilperson – Two Year Term Beginning May 6, 2019 – Second Ward Councilperson – Two Year Term Beginning May 6, 2019 – Third Ward Councilperson – Two Year Term Beginning May 6, 2019 – Fourth Ward
In accordance with the City of Milford Charter, not less than sixty (60) days prior to the Annual Election, all candidates for office shall file a nominating petition, stating the name of the candidate and the office for which he/she is nominated. Council petitions shall be signed by not less than ten (10) registered voters residing in the ward in which the Candidate resides.
Candidate Packets and Nominating Petitions can be obtained Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the City Clerk’s Office at Milford City Hall, 201 South Walnut Street, Milford, Delaware. Please call in advance to schedule an appointment.
Qualifications for a person filing for office are as follows:
- (1) Citizen of the United States of America;
- (2) Bonafide resident of the City of Milford;
- (3) Office of Council-continuously resided in the Ward for which he/she is seeking election for one year preceding theday of the election;
- (4) A qualified voter in the City of Milford;
- (5) At least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of the election;
- (6) Nominated therefor;
- (7) Criminal background check provided from the State Bureau of Identification and Federal Bureau of Investigationshowing entire criminal history record;
- (8) No felony convictions or crimes involving moral turpitude.
The filing deadline to file for the Office of City Council is Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Only registered voters listed on the City of Milford Voter Registration List are qualified to vote in this election. The deadline for registering to vote in this municipal election is Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Those persons voting by absentee ballot must call the City Clerk’s Office to be put on a list to obtain an affidavit for absentee balloting.
Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 302-422-1111 to verify your voter status and any additional information.
Sign up for you free digital subscription of The Weekly Review, delivered directly to your email every Tuesday morning. A quick cover-to-cover read to catch up on the news of the week and experience great stories about our local communities. Sign up for your free email subscription below.