Governor John Carney on Thursday announced a statewide public engagement strategy focused on Delaware’s economic reopening and recovery effort due to COVID-19.
“We’re still seeing increased infections of COVID-19, so this fight is far from over,” said Governor Carney. “At the same time, we need to look forward. We need to plan for safely reopening our economy under a new normal. I encourage all Delawareans and Delaware small businesses to lean into this process. Visit de.gov/economy to learn more about Delaware’s plan, and to offer ideas on how to safely restart our economy. Help get Delaware through this difficult time. Most importantly, continue to stay home. Stay safe. And stay informed.”
Starting on Monday, the Delaware Division of Small Business and the Delaware Prosperity Partnership will host virtual Recovery Town Halls with members of the General Assembly, small businesses, and local Chambers of Commerce, to begin collecting feedback from small business leaders about Delaware’s economic reopening.
- Small Business Recovery Town Hall – Monday, April 27 – 2:00 p.m. – Eastern Sussex
- Small Business Recovery Town Hall – Tuesday, April 28 – 6:00 p.m. – Southern New Castle
- Small Business Recovery Town Hall – Thursday, April 30 – 10:00 a.m. – Western Sussex
- Small Business Recovery Town Hall – Thursday, April 30 – 6:00 p.m. – Newark Area
- Small Business Recovery Town Hall – Monday, May 4 – 2:00 p.m. – Kent County
- Small Business Recovery Town Hall – Tuesday, May 5 – 6:00 p.m. – Wilmington Area
- Small Business Recovery Town Hall – Wednesday, May 6 – 6:00 p.m. – Northern New Castle County
Lieutenant Governor Hall-Long will host similar, virtual town hall meetings with members of the public to collect feedback that will inform Delaware’s recovery effort. “To successfully reopen will require all communities and sectors of our economy to participate,” saidLieutenant Governor Bethany Hall-Long. “I look forward to hearing from Delawareans and gathering their recommendations to keep people safe, and able to return to work, and make our state stronger and healthier.”
- Recovery Town Hall – Wednesday, April 29 – 6:00 p.m. – Kent County
- Recovery Town Hall – Monday, May 4 – 6:00 p.m. – Northern New Castle County
- Recovery Town Hall – Wednesday, May 6 – 7:30 p.m. – Sussex County
- Recovery Town Hall – Thursday, May 7 – 6:00 p.m. – Southern New Castle County
Additionally, Governor Carney has assigned S.W.A.T. teams from state government to work with industries most hard-hit by the COVID-19 crisis, including the restaurant industry, tourism, retail, and the arts community.