As the state moves to permanent COVID-19 testing sites, the city of Wilmington lists four additional sites the week of Sept. 14.
Starting Monday, the state will offer testing at eight Walgreens locations, six Public Health clinics and five state service centers. Health officials say that will expand the number of tests that can be given, and also spread the testing out more equitably in the state.
In addition, the state is offering tests that people can register for and take at home. Here’s who is eligible:
- Those who are older than 60.
- Anyone who lives in Newark or Dover.
- Students at the University of Delaware or Delaware State University.
- Anyone who lives in Wilmington zip codes 19801, 19802 and 19805.
- Anyone who lives in New Castle zip code 19720.
- Anyone who attended the Sept. 6 rodeo in Bridgeville.
Click here to learn more about in-home tests.
The Delaware Division of Public Health also said Friday that the number of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths rose in the week tally ending Thursday.
Through 6 p.m. Thursday, Delaware has had 18,559 positive cases, DPH said. The seven-day average of people who tested positive jumped from 4.6 percent to 5.8 percent as of Thursday. The state would like to get it to 3 percent. A press release said 66 people are hospitalized now, up eight from the previous week, and 16 are considered critically ill.
The state’s new permanent testing sites are listed in the graphic boxes here. There are also links to New Castle County’s sites (which had not been updated as of 8 a.m. Saturday to reflect the permanent sites) and a link to these state-sponsored sites.
- Monday, Sept. 14: Latin American Community Center, 301 North Harrison St., 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. By appointment only. Call 302-320-6439.
- Wednesday, Sept. 16: Kingswood Community Center, 2300 Bowers St., 10 a.m.to 1 p.m. An appointment is recommended. Call 302-428-6586.
- Wednesday, Sept. 16: East Side Charter School, 3000 North Claymont St., 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. (Walk-Up Only) Register in advance at delaware.curativeinc.com
- Thursday, Sept. 17: Kingswood Community Center, 2300 Bowers Street, 10 a.m.to 1 p.m. An appointment is recommended. Call 302-428-6586.
New Castle County
Here’s where to find testing around New Castle County.