The Delaware State Police arrested 62-year-old Elijah Beckham of Wilmington, Delaware, for gun and drug offenses following a search warrant at a residence in Wilmington yesterday morning.
On January 3, 2024, at approximately 11:30 a.m., members of the New Castle County Drug Unit executed a search warrant at a residence on the 800 block of N. Spruce Street in Wilmington. The search warrant was obtained following a two-month long drug investigation of Elijah Beckham, who was suspected of the large-scale distribution of narcotics. Beckham was taken into custody at the residence without incident.
A search of the home led to the discovery of the following items:
- Two handguns
- Multiple rounds of ammunition
- Approximately 7.1 grams of cocaine
- Approximately 22.8 grams of marijuana
- Approximately $27,066 in suspected drug dealing proceeds
- Various paraphernalia to include digital scales and distribution/packaging materials
Beckham was taken to Troop 2, where he was charged with the below crimes, arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2, and released after posting a $53,000 secured bond.
- Possession of a Firearm by Person Prohibited who also Possesses Controlled Substance (Felony) – 2 counts
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition by Person Prohibited (Felony) – 2 counts
- Possession with Intent to Deliver Controlled Substance (Felony)
Share this Post