Earlier this morning, the Sussex Drug Unit arrested 29-year-old Tijere Baldwin of Bridgeville, Delaware for drug dealing after executing a search warrant on a home in Bridgeville.
Several months ago, detectives from the Sussex Drug Unit began investigating Baldwin, who was suspected of dealing narcotics throughout Sussex County. On June 6, 2023, at approximately 6:00 a.m., detectives from the Sussex Drug Unit, along with members of the Special Operations Response Team and the Sussex County Governor’s Task Force, executed a search warrant on Baldwin’s residence on the 21000 block of Mill Park Drive. Baldwin was taken into custody without incident. Troopers also found four children inside of the home, who were later turned over to a family member.
Detectives searched the property and discovered the following:
- Approximately 48.45 grams of crack cocaine
- Approximately 104 wax baggies containing approximately 0.728 grams of suspected heroin
- Approximately 3.19 grams of powdered MDMA
- Over $2,400 in suspected drug dealing proceeds
- Numerous items of drug paraphernalia
Baldwin was taken to Troop 4 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance in a Tier 3 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in a Tier 3 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony) – 2 counts
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child – 4 counts
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – 3 counts
Baldwin was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $73,500 secured bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Visit our civilian job opening page at:
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Leave a comment regarding DSP’s compliance with CALEA Accreditation Standards.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Senior Corporal Leonard DeMalto
Released: 060623 1213
Share this Post