Yesterday the Delaware State Police arrested 18-year-old Jeremiah Handy of Seaford, Delaware for gun possession and drug dealing. Handy is a probationer and convicted felon prohibited from possessing firearms.
On August 22, 2023, at approximately 3:40 p.m., members of the Sussex County Governor’s Task Force responded to the 400 building of Little Creek Apartments in Laurel after they received information that Jeremiah Handy was selling drugs in the area and had a gun. Detectives arrived and saw Handy standing behind the 400 building with a handgun in his waistband. Handy began reaching for the gun but detectives were able to take him into custody without incident. Detectives recovered the loaded handgun, and they also found approximately 60.42 grams of marijuana in Handy’s backpack and over $2,100 in suspected drug dealing proceeds in his pockets and bag.
Handy was taken to Troop 4 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Possession of Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm While Possessing a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Firearm (Felony)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Handy was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $170,500 cash bond.
The post Governor’s Task Force Arrests Felon Found With Loaded Handgun appeared first on Delaware State Police – State of Delaware.
Share this Post