Last night, the Delaware State Police arrested a man who was found to be in possession of drugs and several weapons, including a concealed handgun.
On August 16, 2023, at approximately 10:00 p.m., a trooper assigned to the Governor’s Task Force saw a bicyclist merge onto northbound N. Dupont Highway from White Oak Road in Dover without using a hand signal. The trooper stopped the man, identified as 35-year-old Andrew Sheppard of Dover, Delaware, and discovered that he had brass knuckles and several knives in his possession. The trooper also saw a bag of crystal methamphetamine that fell out of Sheppard’s pocket.
Troopers searched Sheppard’s backpack and found a semiautomatic handgun, approximately 5.78 grams of crystal methamphetamine, and a meth pipe. Sheppard is a convicted felon prohibited from possessing firearms.
Sheppard was taken to Troop 3 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Firearm (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm While Possessing a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in a Tier 1 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Failure to Give Hand and Arm Signal
Sheppard was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 7 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $15,101 secured bond.
The post Governor’s Task Force Arrests Man Found With Gun and Drugs appeared first on Delaware State Police – State of Delaware.
Share this Post