The Delaware State Police arrested 46-year-old Avery Cannon of Seaford, Delaware, for multiple drug and gun charges following a search warrant at his residence in Seaford Wednesday morning.
On September 13, 2023, at approximately 6:10 a.m., Sussex Special Investigations Detectives with the assistance of the Delaware State Police Special Operations Response Team, Troop 5 Patrol, Seaford Police Department, and Probation and Parole executed a search warrant at a residence on the 400 block of North Street in Seaford. The search warrant was obtained following a several-month-long drug investigation of Avery Cannon, who was suspected of the large-scale distribution of narcotics. Cannon was the sole occupant of the residence and was taken into custody without incident.
A search of the home led to the discovery of the following items:
- Approximately 1,167.8 grams of cocaine
- Approximately 57.57 grams of crack cocaine
- Approximately 14.26 grams of marijuana
- Five handguns – two of which were loaded, and one was reported stolen to Troop 4 in 2014
- Several hundred rounds of ammunition
- Approximately $14,974 in suspected drug dealing proceeds
- Various paraphernalia to include digital scales and distribution/packaging materials
Cannon is a convicted felon and is prohibited from possessing firearms and ammunition. He was taken to Troop 4, where he was charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony) – 5 counts
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance in a Tier 3 Quantity (Felony) – 2 counts
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in a Tier 3 Quantity (Felony) – 2 counts
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony) – 5 counts
- Possession of Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (Felony) – 5 counts
- Receiving a Stolen Firearm (Felony)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Cannon was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $232,500 cash bond.
The post Man Arrested for Multiple Drug and Gun Offenses Following a Search Warrant appeared first on Delaware State Police – State of Delaware.
Share this Post