Milford Advocacy for the Homeless, a 501c3 charitable organization founded last November for the purpose of assisting Milford’s homeless population by advocating to provide meals, tents, sleeping bags, bicycles, and hygienic products in association with other service centers has announced the following events and fundraisers:
MAH Quarter Auction
Join MAH for an evening of fun on November 20, 2021 that will raise critical funds for the purchase of food, tents, blankets, sleeping bags, etc. for the homeless in Milford, DE. The event will be held at the Elks Lodge on Elks Lodge Rd. Doors open at 5pm and the auction begins at 6pm. Photos of a selection of auction items can be found on MAH’s Facebook page under the Events tab.
- All-In Paddles – $40.00 (no need to bring quarters – with the purchase of an All-In paddle, you are automatically entered in each auction item draw.
- $15 Paddles (requires quarters to bid on auction items – rolls of quarters will be available for your purchase)
- $5 Paddles (each additional paddle price after the purchase of a $15 paddle or All-In paddle – quarters required to bid)
MAH will be serving Thanksgiving Dinner in conjunction with Jesus Love Temple’s Outreach Ministry, The House of David. Dinner will be served from 11am to 2pm. Further details will be released shortly.
Shoeboxes for the Homeless
Christmas can be an especially lonely time for the homeless. Join MAH in filling shoeboxes with essential items such as:
- Lip balm/Band-Aids/Antibiotic Ointment
- Feminine Hygiene products
- Rain Ponchos/Gift Cards for Food
- Please do not include sewing kits, medicines or used/opened items
Get creative with your family and friends and decorate the box, include a Christmas card and tape a note indicating if the box is for male or female. All boxes can be dropped off on or before December 15th at:
141 Aspen Ct (Building 26) Milford, DE
Share this Post