The Delaware State Police arrested 19-year-old Timothy Cannon of Laurel, Delaware for drug dealing and illegal firearms possession after executing a search warrant on his home in Laurel.
During the month of July 2023, detectives began investigating Cannon who was suspected to be selling guns and drugs in Kent and Sussex Counties. On July 25, 2023, at approximately 11:16 a.m., the Sussex County Drug Unit, the Kent County Drug Unit, and Troop 5 Patrol executed a search warrant on Cannon’s residence located on the 100 block of Horsey Avenue, Laurel. During the search warrant detectives found the following items in Timothy’s bedroom:
- A 9mm handgun, ammunition, and magazines
- Approximately 15.77 grams of cocaine
- Digital scale
Detectives found seven children in the residence while executing the search warrant. None of the children, ages 1, 2, 2, 3, 11, 13, and 15, were injured. The children were turned over to their respective guardians.
Cannon was taken to Troop 4 and charged with the following:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony) – 2 counts
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in a Tier 2 Quantity (Felony)
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child (Felony) – 7 counts
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – 2 counts
Cannon was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $37,500 secured bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Visit our civilian job opening page at:
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Leave a comment regarding DSP’s compliance with CALEA Accreditation Standards.
Share this Post