The Delaware State Police arrested Alonzo Roberts, 50, and Heather Andrews, 37, both of Laurel, Delaware, for multiple drug charges following a search warrant at a residence in Laurel on Tuesday morning.
On September 19, 2023, at approximately 6:10 a.m., Sussex Special Investigations Detectives with the assistance of the Delaware State Police Special Operations Response Team, Sussex County Governor’s Task Force, Troop 5 Patrol, and Probation and Parole executed search warrants at two residences on the 11400 block of Trussum Pond Road in Laurel. The search warrants were obtained following a four-month long drug investigation of Alonzo Roberts, who was suspected of the large-scale distribution of narcotics. The residences were occupied by five adults, including Roberts and Andrews. Both were taken into custody without incident.
A search of the homes led to the discovery of the following items:
- Approximately 14.43 grams of crack cocaine
- Approximately 20.32 grams of cocaine
- Approximately 30 bags containing approximately 0.21 grams of heroin
- Approximately $2,525 in suspected drug dealing proceeds
- 21 Suboxone strips
- 35 unknown oval-shaped pills
- Numerous rounds of ammunition
- Various paraphernalia to include digital scales and distribution/packaging materials
Roberts is a convicted felon and is prohibited from possessing firearms/ammunition. Roberts and Andrews were taken to Troop 4 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (Felony) – 2 counts
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony) – 3 counts
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Tier 2 Quantity (Felony) – 2 counts
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – 3 counts
Roberts was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $62,600 cash bond.
- Possession of a Controlled Substance without a Prescription
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Andrews was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2 for the above charges as well as for multiple violation of probation capiases. She was released on her own recognizance for the above charges, however, was committed to the Sussex Violation of Probation Center for the capiases.
The post Search Warrant Leads to Two Suspects Arrested for Drug Offenses appeared first on Delaware State Police – State of Delaware.
Share this Post