The Delaware State Police arrested 47-year-old Frederick Daniels of Bridgeville, Delaware, for felony drug-related charges early Tuesday morning.
On November 7, 2023, at approximately 12:04 a.m., troopers on patrol in Seaford, Delaware, saw a beige 2005 Buick LeSabre traveling without a functioning passenger side headlight. The troopers attempted to stop the car on Brickyard Road, but the operator failed to comply and continued to travel at a slow speed. The operator, later identified as Frederick Daniels, abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot with a brown fanny pack satchel across the front of his body. As Daniels was being apprehended, he disregarded the trooper’s commands to put his hands behind his back and kept reaching under his body. After he was handcuffed, the trooper discovered a clear knotted plastic bag, suspected to be powder cocaine, on the ground beneath Daniels’ stomach. A search incident to arrest led to the discovery of an undisclosed amount of cash, approximately 32.03 grams of marijuana, approximately 15.4 grams of methamphetamine, approximately .29 grams of cocaine, two prescription pills, and approximately .112 grams of heroin.
Daniels was taken to Troop 5 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Tier 2 Quantity With Intent to Deliver (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Tier 2 Quantity (Felony)
- Disregarding a Police Officer Signal (Felony)
- Tampering with Physical Evidence (Felony)
- Possession of Marijuana Other Than Personal Use Quantity
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Without a Prescription
- Resisting Arrest
- Possession of a Controlled Substance – 2 counts
- Traffic Charges
Daniels was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 3 and committed to the Sussex Correctional Institution on a $25,702 secured bond.
Share this Post