The Delaware State Police arrested 37-year-old Yusuf Dixon of Fruitland, Maryland for DUI, drug possession, and gun charges following a traffic stop on Thursday afternoon.
On August 24, 2023, at around 12:00 p.m., a trooper patrolling the area of US-13 and South Governors Avenue in Dover saw a vehicle swerve over the dotted white lane line and change lanes without using a turn signal. The trooper conducted a traffic stop and contacted the driver, identified as Yusuf Dixon. The trooper observed signs of impairment during the traffic stop and Dixon was taken into custody after field sobriety tests. The trooper searched the car and located approximately 18.12 grams of crack cocaine, approximately 53.08 grams of PCP, and a Glock handgun with an obliterated serial number that was hidden under the driver’s seat. Dixon is a convicted felon prohibited from possessing a firearm.
Dixon was taken to Troop 3 and charged with the following offenses:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in a Tier 3 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Possession of a Weapon with a Removed, Obliterated or Altered Serial Number (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Firearm (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in a Tier 2 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm While Under the Influence
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Driving a Vehicle Under the Influence
- Traffic Offenses
Dixon was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2 and was committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $157,000 cash bond.
The post State Police Arrest Man for DUI, Drug, and Gun Charges appeared first on Delaware State Police – State of Delaware.
Share this Post