Delaware State Police arrested 49-year-old Maria Flores of Lincoln, Delaware, for DUI and drug charges following a crash investigation that occurred Wednesday morning in Georgetown.
On February 7, 2024, at approximately 7:19 a.m., a trooper responded to the area of Gravel Hill Road and Johnson Road in Georgetown for a non-injury crash involving a black Ford van and a white BMW. Upon arriving, the trooper contacted the operator of the BMW, later identified as Maria Flores. During the interaction with Flores, the trooper observed signs of impairment and conducted Standardized Field Sobriety Tests. After the tests were completed, Flores was taken into custody for DUI and a search of her property led to the discovery of approximately .587 grams of heroin, eight ecstasy pills, and drug paraphernalia.
Flores was transported to Troop 4, where she was charged with the crimes listed below, arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 3, and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $8,800 secured bond.
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony) – 2 counts
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – 3 counts
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs
- Driving While Suspended or Revoked
- Expired Temporary Registration
- Fail to Obey a Traffic Control Device
- Fail to Drive in the Proper Lane and Direction
- Fail to Remain in a Single Lane
- Possession of a Suspended License
- Display of a Suspended License
Share this Post