Delaware State Police have arrested 37-year-old Leon Leager of Ellendale, Delaware, on weapon and drug-related charges following a suspicious person investigation Friday morning.
On December 9, 2022, at approximately 9:30 a.m., troopers responded to a residence located on the 14,000 block of Beach Highway for reports of a suspicious person. When troopers arrived, they observed Leager standing beside a vehicle with the driver’s door open. As troopers approached Leager, they noticed a handgun on the ground close to where Leager was standing. Leager was taken into custody without any issues. A subsequent search revealed that he was in possession of a concealed empty handgun holster, three knives, ammunition, other firearm accessories, approximately 18.61 grams of suspected methamphetamine, and drug paraphernalia. Further investigation revealed that he possessed stolen scrap metal, which had been removed from that property. Leager was transported to Delaware State Police Troop # 5, where he was charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)- 3 counts
- Manufacture/Deliver/PWID Controlled Substance Tier 2 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (Felony)- 2 counts
- Possession of a Deadly Weapon by a Person Prohibited (Felony)- 3 counts
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony)- 2 counts
- Theft Under $1500
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Criminal Trespass Third Degree
Leager was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court #3 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $92,701 secured bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Visit our civilian job opening page at:
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Sergeant India Sturgis
Released: 121022 1630
The post Suspicious Person Investigation Leads to Weapon and Drug Arrest appeared first on Delaware State Police – State of Delaware.
Share this Post