Delaware State Police have arrested 40-year-old Michael Moyer of Milford, Delaware following a traffic stop that occurred this morning in Seaford.
On Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at approximately 12:53 a.m., a trooper patrolling Sussex Highway, near Concord Road, conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle that had an expired registration plate. Troopers contacted the driver and only occupant, identified as Michael Moyer. Troopers discovered Moyer was wanted and took him into custody. A search of Moyer and his vehicle revealed he was in possession of approximately .33 grams of methamphetamine, approximately .19 grams of crack cocaine, a concealed shotgun, and ammunition. Moyer is a convicted felon prohibited from possessing firearms and/or ammunition. He was also determined to be driving while under the influence of narcotics.
Moyer was taken to Troop 5 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Possession of Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm While Possessing a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony)
- 4th Offense DUI (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm While Under the Influence (Misdemeanor)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance – 2 counts (Misdemeanor)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – 2 counts (Misdemeanor)
- Numerous traffic offenses
Moyer was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court #2 and committed to the Sussex Correctional Institution on an $8,005 secured bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Delaware State Police Official Website
Visit our civilian job opening page at:
Civilian Careers – Delaware State Police – State of Delaware
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Trooper Raushan Rich
Released: 030823 1600
The post Traffic Stop Leads to Gun, Drug, and Felony DUI Arrest appeared first on Delaware State Police – State of Delaware.
Share this Post