The Delaware State Police have arrested 32-year-old Jerron Henry of Laurel, Delaware on several gun and drug charges following an investigation that began yesterday morning.
On June 15, 2023, at approximately 9:00 a.m., a probation officer from Probation & Parole informed the Sussex County Governor’s Task Force that probationer Jerron Henry was found to be in possession of approximately 9.92 grams of crack cocaine during an office visit. Detectives from the Governor’s Task Force responded to Henry’s residence on the 13000 block of Shiloh Church Road in Laurel to assist Probation & Parole officers while they conducted an administrative search. Probation officers located the following during this search:
- Approximately 17,680 baggies containing approximately 123.76 grams of suspected heroin
- Approximately 27.87 grams of crack cocaine
- Approximately 1.15 grams of cocaine
- One dose of Suboxone
- A loaded handgun with an obliterated serial number and accompanying ammunition
- Over $4,400 in suspected drug proceeds
Detectives also contacted three children in the house, who were turned over to a family member.
Henry, a convicted felon prohibited from possessing firearms and/or ammunition, was taken to Troop 4 and charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in a Tier 3 Quantity (Felony) – 2 counts
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance in a Tier 3 Quantity (Felony) – 2 counts
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Possession of Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (Felony)
- Possession With Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Possession of a Weapon With an Obliterated Serial Number (Felony)
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child – 3 counts
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – 3 counts
Henry was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 2 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $188,500 cash bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Visit our civilian job opening page at:
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Leave a comment regarding DSP’s compliance with CALEA Accreditation Standards.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Senior Corporal Leonard DeMalto
Released: 061623 1154
The post Governor’s Task Force Arrests Man Following Probation & Parole Search appeared first on Delaware State Police – State of Delaware.
Share this Post