Delaware State Police arrested 35-year-old Katie Dilworth of Seaford, Delaware, for drug charges Wednesday night.
On December 13, 2023, at approximately 9:35 p.m., the Sussex County Governor’s Task Force conducting patrols in Laurel saw a white Ford Explorer traveling southbound on Sussex Highway turn onto 4th Street without signaling. Detectives stopped the car on West 6th Street, contacted the driver, identified as Katie Dilworth, and two children in the Explorer. As the detectives spoke with Dilworth, they saw a clear plastic bag between her legs, and she tried to conceal it when she was asked to exit the car. The plastic bag contained a white powdery substance believed to be cocaine and a cut straw. Dilworth was taken into custody without incident. A search of her person and the Explorer revealed approximately 6.69 grams of suspected crack cocaine, approximately 1.66 grams of suspected powder cocaine, and two Alprazolam pills.
Dilworth was taken to Troop 4 where she was charged with the following crimes:
- Possession with Intent to Deliver Controlled Substance (Felony) – 2 counts
- Possession of Controlled Substance Tier 1 (Felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – 2 counts
- Unlawfully Dealing with a Child under 18 to Remain in Place where Narcotics or Dangerous Drug Activity – 2 counts
- Failure to Signal
Dilworth was arraigned at Justice of the Peace Court 3 and committed to the Sussex Correctional Institution on $21,550 cash bond.
Share this Post